Trigging by Streetview.
-
Whats the Point
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 am
Trigging by Streetview.
As an indoor version of trigpointing for the winter how about trigging by Google Streetview. In planning my trigging days out I've often used Streetview and been surprised how many pillars and FBM's can be easily be seen. As a start here are four TP4506 Lockham http://trigpointing.uk/trig/4506 - TP7211 South Cave http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7211 - TP2811 Dorket Head http://trigpointing.uk/trig/2811 and TP0170 Hermon http://trigpointing.uk/trig/170 . I was wondering if anybody has made a list of them and how it could be compiled. (see screen shots from Streetview attached) Brian.
- Attachments
-
- TP2811 Dorket Head
- Dorket Head.JPG (87.04 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
-
- TP7211 South Cave
- South Cave.JPG (89.25 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
-
- TP4506 Lockham
- Lockham.JPG (61.31 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
Re: Trigging by Streetview.
Hi,
I also use Streetview when planning trig bagging trips. Often useful for gaining
an idea of feasible and discreet access routes, availability of gateways into fields,
probability that a roadside location is overgrown, etc.
BTW your snap of Dorket Head indicates that it has been toppled
- that hasn't been reported in the logs; presumably the Streetview visit
is recent.
Ted
I also use Streetview when planning trig bagging trips. Often useful for gaining
an idea of feasible and discreet access routes, availability of gateways into fields,
probability that a roadside location is overgrown, etc.
BTW your snap of Dorket Head indicates that it has been toppled
- that hasn't been reported in the logs; presumably the Streetview visit
is recent.
Ted
Re: Trigging by Streetview.
ted wrote: I also use Streetview when planning trig bagging trips. Often useful for gaining
an idea of feasible and discreet access routes, availability of gateways into fields,
probability that a roadside location is overgrown, etc.
Yes, street view is a very handy tool for the reasons given above, and is something I often employ in working out a list. Also comes in handy for bench marking.