Search found 24 matches
- Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:21 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: TP3294 - Gallow Hill
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6031
Re: TP3294 - Gallow Hill
Great to find it in such good nick. Hopefully back up that way next Spring. Will be sure to visit. Looks pretty safe for now. Good find.
- Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:40 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Church intersected stations thought..
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4593
Church intersected stations thought..
There are quite a few of these. From those I've seen there are often 4 spires - I presume only one is the trig. I would have thought it would have been really difficult to sight on this from multiple other stations - the other spires would have 'got in the way'?
- Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:10 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Extant pillar total
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7604
Re: Extant pillar total
I assume this total includes all pillars, including those destroyed that I've visited plus 2 for those where the pillar has been replaced by a new one.
Hi
Hi
- Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:56 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Extant pillar total
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7604
Extant pillar total
Hi all, Is there an easy way of getting my extant pillar total without going through them one by one? What counts as extant anyway? Remains?
Happy bagging.
Cootking - with thoughts of making the cloche of fame.
Happy bagging.
Cootking - with thoughts of making the cloche of fame.
- Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:29 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Blencathra (Saddleback) Concrete Ring has gone
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12646
Re: Blencathra (Saddleback) Concrete Ring has gone
I'm happy to count this as a 'bag' next time I visit Blencathra. Maybe I'll find the original on the way up...
- Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: How do you feel when walking the trig points?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7916
Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?
Happy to be in the fresh air, especially if my collie is with me. Anticipation of another record for this website. Enjoyment of being somewhere new.
- Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Furthest Pillar Walk In
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6708
Re: Furthest Pillar Walk In
TP6454 Thornton - short but hellish. Check out the reports. Probably some gorse infested ones in the north too.
- Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Ever met anyone?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5444
Ever met anyone?
There's a consistent 200 to 300 loggers every month. Ever meet a fellow bagger? There's all these regular names, who is he or she, maybe I'll be able to put faces to a few one day.
- Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:56 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: What's this?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5232
Re: What's this?
Thanks. Tried for ages. I have
- Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:12 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: TP1610 Brecon beacons/pen y fan
- Replies: 0
- Views: 5604
TP1610 Brecon beacons/pen y fan
While doing a bit of retrospective bagging I noticed the above pillar is no longer present. It's a large lump of concrete to vanish - are the remains around, down the slope? It's not as if a landowner would tow it away. Has anyone looked for it? The plinth is gone too...