TP3294 - Gallow Hill

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
joeythecat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm

TP3294 - Gallow Hill

Post by joeythecat »

This pillar, previously reported as buried, has reappeared and is easily accessible - see my log of 28/07/19.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: TP3294 - Gallow Hill

Post by agentmancuso »

Excellent, well found.
Cootking
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Re: TP3294 - Gallow Hill

Post by Cootking »

Great to find it in such good nick. Hopefully back up that way next Spring. Will be sure to visit. Looks pretty safe for now. Good find.
clochandighter
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Re: TP3294 - Gallow Hill

Post by clochandighter »

I wonder if pillar S5972 really was totally buried of just totally lost in these overgrown spoil heaps. I've been there three times over the years. The state of the surroundings has been such since at least as far back as my first visit in 1987. On my second visit in 2003, it was buried to above FB level by solid rubble and I wasn't equipped to excavate. I returned again in 2004 to find a partly buried flush bracket. This time I dug a trench long enough to get my camera in to take a face-on shot of the whole flush bracket.

This 'rediscovery' also alters the pillar stats. The old county of Banffshire now returns to having its 100% compliment of trig pillar survival. All 45 built are still standing. :-)

I will relay this information to Yahoo Group Trigonomy in due course. An important re-find like this needs to be mentioned to the whole Trig pillar bagging community.
Post Reply