Search found 6 matches
- Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:03 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: What’s the Great Glen Project?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 65293
Re: What’s the Great Glen Project?
Glad I could help.
- Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:44 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: What’s the Great Glen Project?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 65293
Re: What’s the Great Glen Project?
Here’s a bit more information, but it’s not exhaustive. I only include it to add a bit more substance to the subject. The Great Glen Project was a study of the crustal movement along the Great Glen Fault. This is where two crustal plates meet, with one plate slowly sliding north, while the other ...
- Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:43 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: FBM unearthed
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3872
FBM unearthed
It may be of interest to fellow trig baggers to know that the lost Laurecekirk FBM has been found again. Please see my log http://trigpointing.uk/trig/498 for a fuller report.
- Mon May 31, 2021 6:03 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: need help locating a trig photo from 1975
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11176
- Wed May 12, 2021 11:16 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: need help locating a trig photo from 1975
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11176
Re: need help locating a trig photo from 1975
Hi Folks. Many thanks for corroborating the location of the pillar. I was fairly certain I’d solved it but it’s good to have confirmation. As you’ll see from my logs, I rarely venture south of Hadrians Wall so the identity was arrived at by elimination and deduction. Took me about a week. The TV was ...
- Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: need help locating a trig photo from 1975
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11176
Re: need help locating a trig photo from 1975
After a lot of deliberation and comparing of various photographs, I would like to tentatively suggest that the location is Beacon Fell, Lancashire. http://trigpointing.uk/trig/1096 The physical look and damage to the pillar seems to fit and, allowing for some tree planting in the last 45 years, the ...