That all sounds pretty reasonable to me, though I wonder if there might be some simplifications that could be made now.
I need to work out how to handle moved trigpoints
This might be controversial, but I suspect that the majority of visitors to this site are here to look for the location of trig ...
Search found 20 matches
- Thu Jan 29, 2026 1:23 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Discrepancies between OSGB grid reference and lat/long
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1117
- Wed Jan 28, 2026 12:00 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Discrepancies between OSGB grid reference and lat/long
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1117
Discrepancies between OSGB grid reference and lat/long
I've noticed that some trig points have an OSGB grid reference that doesn't agree with the WGS coordinates given.
For example:
https://trigpointing.uk/trigs/11885 (Corby Church Spire) - clicking the WGS coordinates link opens google maps at the wrong place. The OS map shown on the page also shows ...
For example:
https://trigpointing.uk/trigs/11885 (Corby Church Spire) - clicking the WGS coordinates link opens google maps at the wrong place. The OS map shown on the page also shows ...
- Thu Dec 11, 2025 3:13 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175965
Re: Server migration / website re-write
also had a first stab at a download feature.
Thanks for the quick response, works great for me. Formats seem pretty reasonable to me for most modern tools.
One slight quirk I noticed is that the `condition` field contains a single letter (at least for csv and geojson downloads). I'm assuming ...
- Mon Dec 08, 2025 12:18 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175965
Re: Server migration / website re-write
It already is! https://github.com/TrigpointingUK
As you will notice, it is itself mostly vibe-coded slop ;)
There's a big difference between 'AI-assisted coding' and 'vibe coded slop' and I've no doubt the code here is the former :)
Thanks for pointing out the github repo (for some reason I ...
- Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:10 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Server migration / website re-write
- Replies: 67
- Views: 175965
Re: Server migration / website re-write
@TeaselAdmin Firstly, thanks for the work you've put in to the site refresh (the OS mapping on the trig pages particularly is a huge upgrade for me), and also thanks for the work (and presumably money) you've put in to keeping the site running for all these years.
Secondly, I would love for ability ...
Secondly, I would love for ability ...
- Tue Nov 11, 2025 2:34 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Alderney trig points incorrect location
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1191
Re: Alderney trig points incorrect location
Oh, that makes much more sense! For some reason I didn't even think that they might be anything other than BNG refs. Thanks for clarifying 
- Mon Sep 08, 2025 12:05 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Alderney trig points incorrect location
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1191
Re: Alderney trig points incorrect location
Thanks agentmancuso, that's interesting.
Let's ignore the visual map for a moment - I still think the displayed grid reference is wrong. E.g. for https://trigpointing.uk/trig/25773 the grid reference is shown as WA 57817 06737. From eyeballing the diagram on the top left of https://upload.wikimedia ...
Let's ignore the visual map for a moment - I still think the displayed grid reference is wrong. E.g. for https://trigpointing.uk/trig/25773 the grid reference is shown as WA 57817 06737. From eyeballing the diagram on the top left of https://upload.wikimedia ...
- Mon Sep 01, 2025 6:11 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Alderney trig points incorrect location
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1191
Alderney trig points incorrect location
Not sure who can fix this, but I noticed that the location of the following four trigs is totally wrong. I don't mean a minor error, they're showing as way out in the Atlantic, nowhere near Alderney.
TP25773 "Le Rond But (Alderney)"
TP25774 "Telegraph Bay (Alderney)"
TP25776 "Giffoine (Alderney ...
TP25773 "Le Rond But (Alderney)"
TP25774 "Telegraph Bay (Alderney)"
TP25776 "Giffoine (Alderney ...
- Fri May 31, 2024 7:43 am
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: 2 TrigPointing UK websites?!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 31763
Re: 2 TrigPointing UK websites?!
Same here - if I navigate to https://trigpointinguk.com it immediately redirects me to trigpointing.uk
Guessing the log out was just a coincidence.
Guessing the log out was just a coincidence.
- Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Interactive Map and sinking of Selsey trigpoint
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4088
Re: Interactive Map and sinking of Selsey trigpoint
I would imagine that it would work on iPadOS, but I don't think it's been tested. The instructions provided would probably work in Chrome on iPadOS - in other browsers it's probably possible to make it work but the exact instructions for triggering the bookmarklet would be different.