How do you feel when walking the trig points?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
kelly
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:14 am

How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Post by kelly »

Hi

my name is Kelly and I am a student currently doing an MA in visual communication. In one of the units we are given a shape to work with. I ended up with a triangle and after some time this led me to trig points. The main focus of my work is connecting mental health with the triangle and so far it is working out pretty well. I have been walking and cycling the 3 trig points that are closest to me (a round trip of about 2 hours walking). Fresh air and exercise have been good for my mental health which is incredibly useful given that I spend most days worrying about my submissions. The work is a mixture of primary and secondary research and if you have the time then I would be very grateful if you could answer the following question in your own words:

From a mental health perspective how do you feel when walking the trig points?

Happy to receive the replies on this thread.

Thank you very very much in advance.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Every emotion from elation to despair.
Cootking
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Post by Cootking »

Happy to be in the fresh air, especially if my collie is with me. Anticipation of another record for this website. Enjoyment of being somewhere new.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Post by agentmancuso »

MAC.HAWK wrote:Every emotion from elation to despair.
:lol:
FrankR
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Post by FrankR »

Feel like I'm stuck in mundane drudgery when hauling my backside up relentless steep hills with no sight of the trig. Happy when I've got there and ticked another one off, and eager to do more, however I'm oddly not a big fan of walking so it is a little curious that I actually put in the effort to go to the pillars.
haighr01
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:32 pm

Re: How do you feel when walking the trig points?

Post by haighr01 »

Hi Kelly, that is such an interesting question. Best of luck with your MA, hope it goes well and I am not too late to help out. How do I feel when walking the trig points? As good it can be almost! I think the triangle could indicate a positive sign, things are looking up, almost a subconscious yet positive indicator. Like a church spire to heaven? As for trig pointing itself, well that is a whole can of worms that could require its own thesis I suppose. My pleasure comes from the searching of our land via maps, internet, word of mouth. I guess there are three essential elements - the research, the "event" of locating the trigpoint and the statistical element of logging the event afterwards. But there is more than that, it is a "mission" a form of exercise, a bonding process with friends, family. I go trigging with my daughter, my brother, my mother, my father, my friends, alone. And the triangle? As I say, a tangible positive force - something that is terminal, achievable, dangerous, fun, different, yet ultimate in achieving the "bag". Maybe the shape is significant. I don't know, but I hope this helps your research.
Post Reply