Accessible Disc (not a rivet)

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
TrigJS
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Accessible Disc (not a rivet)

Post by TrigJS »

I think I have found at Heathy Park Reservoir a rare example of an asphalt disc that still exists and is accessible. Currently it is recorded in the trig database as a rivet but its not a rivet and this is supported by the original OS marking report (sourced from the National Archives in Kew) that states an asphalt disc was installed in 1955.

More details and photos in the TP log -

http://trigpointing.uk/trig/21515

Work is currently ongoing at the reservoir to install a new fence so unclear how long it will be accessible for.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Accessible Disc (not a rivet)

Post by agentmancuso »

Nice bit of detective work! I've altered the station type to Disc.
Post Reply