Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Jeff Trig Point
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points

Post by Jeff Trig Point »

Hi all, please excuse my lack of knowledge and newbieness! What is the best simplified viewing of trig points? Not after anything fancy but sometimes hard to see with everything else on the maps. Locally I have just highlighted all the ones I have found on my maps. Also using the app list which shows list of closest and checking off. Guess i'm looking for a plain map that just shows the trig points without any real detail but shows all that are available thanks for your help.
stripybadger
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points

Post by stripybadger »

I use a tool called 'geo-bagging'. See https://tstibbs.github.io/geo-bagging/i ... nting.html for how to get it to display trigpoints from a search on T:UK.

I guess it has the same issues you're describing, but it does let you choose from a couple of different maps (the bing road map is pretty plain), and the trigs show up as big blue markers, making it much easier to spot them.
Jeff Trig Point
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points

Post by Jeff Trig Point »

Thanks shall take a look :D
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points

Post by agentmancuso »

Interesting point. I guess I only rarely browse maps for trigs; generally speaking I either notice pillars when I planning walking routes, for which I use Anquet; otherwise I rely on my GPS. Though I do have an Android version of GSAK on a tablet which I carry around in the car when I'm out; useful for logs mainly.
clochandighter
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Re: Best Visual aide for viewing Trig Points

Post by clochandighter »

This may or may not be of help to you.
Many moons ago I created a map showing almost all OSGB36 trig pillars by FB number.
Here is a link to the said file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkuq2d4wnus2x1p/GB6W.png?dl=0

You are welcome to download this file if it is of any interest to you.


Regards,

Graeme.
Post Reply