Hello there,
I am new to this world nd found my first OS trig pillar close to Folkstone, see attachment. However I cannot find info on this trig pillar on this site, and I see all logs are starting TP and not BM like mine. Can somebody explain or link to the info page where it is explained?
Thanks
Peter
BM S1787
Re: BM S1787
It's here: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/6507. A bit difficult to find, but try searching on nerest town or grid reference (if you have a GPS)
-
clochandighter
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Re: BM S1787
Hello Peter,
Welcome to this world!
Unfortunately the TP numbers used on this site do not correspond with the physical brass flush bracket numbers found on the pillars.
You can search by flush bracket number on Trigpointing UK. Simply type the number (without any letters, in this case 1787) into the main search field and that should find the trig.
I have produced a spreadsheet which contains all the pillar flush bracket numbers. This data is still being maintained. Please feel free to download a copy from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rc0rs4xf3knv9 ... 8.xls?dl=0
Happy bagging,
Graeme.
Welcome to this world!
Unfortunately the TP numbers used on this site do not correspond with the physical brass flush bracket numbers found on the pillars.
You can search by flush bracket number on Trigpointing UK. Simply type the number (without any letters, in this case 1787) into the main search field and that should find the trig.
I have produced a spreadsheet which contains all the pillar flush bracket numbers. This data is still being maintained. Please feel free to download a copy from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rc0rs4xf3knv9 ... 8.xls?dl=0
Happy bagging,
Graeme.