My photo has loaded wrong!!

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
dot924
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am

My photo has loaded wrong!!

Post by dot924 »

Hi, I remember seeing something about photos when uploaded turning the wrong way and what the solution was. I can't remember what it was. I have just uploaded a photo for Dial Hill and it has loaded it at a 45 degree angle. Can anyone assist. Thanks.
dot924
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am

Re: My photo has loaded wrong!!

Post by dot924 »

Cancel. I think I have found it.
clochandighter
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Re: My photo has loaded wrong!!

Post by clochandighter »

Hi,

This topic will always justify a reply. Please to hear from somebody who is prepared to make the effort to ensure correct orientation of their images.

I have found that if you open your image in a photo editor, Paint will do, save a copy [Save As] of your original image under a different name (so as not to overwrite the Exif info of your photo), then rotate it and SAVE. That newly saved image should upload aws desired.

Wrongly oriented images on this site are a bugbear, which I think is made even more likely by those who upload direct from phone rather than use a laptop or desktop PC.

Hope this helps,

G
dot924
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am

Re: My photo has loaded wrong!!

Post by dot924 »

Hi G, it does, so thanks for taking the time to reply.
Post Reply