Middle Healey

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Murky
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:24 am

Middle Healey

Post by Murky »

For the last year I have been wondering where the Trig point on my land had gone. I had a look where the 1844 OS map said it was but all that I found was a hole.... It turns out that after Christ church was built in 1850 they had to change the position of the trig point from the top of my hill so that they could use the new church spire as a trig point. In 1948 it was decided that the old trig point was to be removed and a new one that worked better with a metric system calculation was to be installed on Gandy brow. Yesterday I found the trig point and cleaned it up a bit with a brush and a trowel before covering it with a large flat stone.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Middle Healey

Post by agentmancuso »

Interesting, do you have a grid ref?
Murky
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:24 am

Re: Middle Healey

Post by Murky »

The grid reference is SD 88399 15846

It is a new discovered buried block of the 4th order.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Middle Healey

Post by agentmancuso »

That's great thanks. And it's has a Concrete Ring too, which is a pretty rare find. I'll change the type to match, well done.
Post Reply