Trig painting meet ups

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Post by MAC.HAWK »

I'm on public transport only and whilst it was great to 'tig the trig' on an outing to and from Settle railway station 11 years ago, sadly the knees wont get me there and back again nowadays.
trigging on an island
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: North Wales coast

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Post by trigging on an island »

I don't drive either, but if there was someone with a car up, who was able to collect you somewhere, would that work?
trigging on an island
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: North Wales coast

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Post by trigging on an island »

Have changed the date for Corndon to the 29th now because of poor weather forecast for tomorrow.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Under normal circumstances a pick up at Settle or Horton railway station would be great but sadly Covid-19 has reduced the rail service on the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle line somewhat (which is the service I would be using), so until the rail service is returned to it's more normal status I wouldn't venture into that part of the country just yet.
Axe Edge
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Re: Trig painting meet ups

Post by Axe Edge »

I visited Dufton (TP2876) a couple of days ago and this trig is in desperate need of repair. If it continues to fall apart at the seams it will topple and be lost. Dufton would obviously be the base at the YHA (open?) or Hobbit Huts. Access would be the old mining path and mines. It is worth saving!
Post Reply