android app

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: android app

Post by agentmancuso »

Darren,

the consensus of opinion is that the app just doesn't work all that well with newer devices. The workaround below might help.

BasilDowl wrote:I've fixed it, sort of. Download from Google Play store "Menu Button" app, set it just to run with the ellipsis icon and it works fine. You can then turn the app off in the background if not using the T:UK app.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: android app

Post by agentmancuso »

BasilDowl wrote:I've fixed it, sort of. Download from Google Play store "Menu Button" app, set it just to run with the ellipsis icon and it works fine. You can then turn the app off in the background if not using the T:UK app.
I've just obtained a new Samsung Note20 and this workaround works perfectly on it.
FrankR
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: android app

Post by FrankR »

As asked in another post, did anyone know who the app developer was and if there's any chance of an update?
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: android app

Post by agentmancuso »

FrankR wrote:As asked in another post, did anyone know who the app developer was and if there's any chance of an update?
It was developed by Ian Harris, who owns this site. I'm not aware of any plans to update.
FrankR
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: android app

Post by FrankR »

Thanks for the info. It will be a shame if it gets to s point where it is too outdated to be used to it's full potential on newer phones.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: android app

Post by agentmancuso »

Yes, it would. Between that and Flashplayer things are getting a bit shaky.
FrankR
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: android app

Post by FrankR »

That is partly why I'm asking. I love the app and am sure to replace my phone.
I guess my key questions are:
Is it likely to ever get updated by current developer and: if not, is it likely that the developer may allow someone else to update it in the future? I have no idea about licensing etc on this stuff.
Sorry to kind of hijack the original thread by the way.
mitsiman
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: android app

Post by mitsiman »

I now have Android 11 - Samsung S10+.
I've not had the ... menu button available for some time. So cannot access login, compass etc. I've lived with that, luckily I was logged in before the upgrade so all was OK.
Now with Android 11, I get 'no logs for this trigpoint' when accessing the logs page. Also, 'no photos for this trigpoint' when accessing the photos section.
So, basically, I can log a trig (but not use the compass to find it) and that's about it :-(
An update would be great but sounds like it won't happen.
[and yes, I have tried holding the back button, this doesn't work on later Android versions]
mitsiman
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: android app

Post by mitsiman »

agentmancuso wrote:
BasilDowl wrote:I've fixed it, sort of. Download from Google Play store "Menu Button" app, set it just to run with the ellipsis icon and it works fine. You can then turn the app off in the background if not using the T:UK app.
I've just obtained a new Samsung Note20 and this workaround works perfectly on it.
You absolute beauty! I get my Radar mode back and all the other functions. Although no photos or logs displayed - I can live with that.
RichBiker
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:21 pm

Re: android app

Post by RichBiker »

I've just got myself a new Android 10 phone - a Blackview 9900 -
And can't set my user name in the Trigpointing app....

I've tried the "Menu Button" app and setting the 3 button option...

has anyone else got any other ideas?

Or does anyone know where on the phone the user name is stored - so I can copy it over!
Post Reply