Morning all.
In light of a few people struggling to get the app fully working on their modern phones I have a couple of questions:
Is the original app developer still around and is there a likelihood he may want to update the app and make it a little more "robust"?
Or:
Is there any likelihood the developer may give permission for someone else to modify the app to make it work easier on newer phones?
Just asking as I love the app and don't want to list it when I replace my phone. I wondered if we could find someone we may be able to con into updating the app slightly if that ever becomes a viable option.
Trigpointing App Update Question
Re: Trigpointing App Update Question
Amen - I know nothing of developing or coding, but would happily put my hand in my pocket and give freely if needed. That app is a godsend, it just needs bringing subtly up to date!
Re: Trigpointing App Update Question
I thoroughly agree. I likewise know nothing about coding but the app has been a great asset for me, so again would be happy to do something to help get it updated, whatever that may be.
-
Aqueously90
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
- Location: Black Isle / Glasgow
Re: Trigpointing App Update Question
The app is publicly hosted on Github - https://github.com/TrigpointingUK/trigpointinguk
I'm not sure what license Ian has on the app, but I'm sure forking it and updating/rebuilding it to modern Android app standards is feasible and something a relatively capable Android app developer could do.
I'm not sure what license Ian has on the app, but I'm sure forking it and updating/rebuilding it to modern Android app standards is feasible and something a relatively capable Android app developer could do.