INTERACTIVE MAP

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Kitty Hawk
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:38 am

INTERACTIVE MAP

Post by Kitty Hawk »

Hi all

I used to collect trig points, and I see I have done fewer than 10 in the last 10 years, but I have picked it up again recently having moved to the Peak District, where it feels pretty much mandatory.

I cant make the interactive map work - does it:

1. Not work anymore
2. Need an app or other gizmo
3. Need me to apply more cleverness?

Any help or wisdom would be really appreciated

Thanks

Adrian
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: INTERACTIVE MAP

Post by agentmancuso »

It's gone I'm afraid. The interactive map relied on Adobe Flash Player (a 3rd party plug-in), which is no longer supported by the company; it was effectively killed-off at the end of 2020, and no replacement seems to be available.
Kitty Hawk
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:38 am

Re: INTERACTIVE MAP

Post by Kitty Hawk »

oh, thats a shame, it was wonderful for its simplicity

progress I guess

do you know of anything similar?
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: INTERACTIVE MAP

Post by agentmancuso »

I doubt very much that any sort of direct replacement in functionality will appear on T:UK, unfortunately.

(I get round it myself by downloading the T:UK .gpx file to GSAK, which can export a heat-map of any filter you like.)
stripytrigger
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am

Re: INTERACTIVE MAP

Post by stripytrigger »

I use https://tstibbs.github.io/geo-bagging/i ... rces=trigs (use the bar on the left to load the 'trig points' dataset). Don't know how up to date the data is though.
thecowboycoder
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm

Re: INTERACTIVE MAP

Post by thecowboycoder »

I've put a beta version of a simple interactive map up, currently available at http://www.stdc.net/rando/trigs.html It uses a fairly recent dump of the trig database, and will link back the the specific trig page here. I'm still working out a permanent hosting solution so that URL may well change.
It has no SSL cert yet, but if you do use https and click through the warnings, it will try and use your location from the browser.
Post Reply