Whilst visiting an FBM near Winchester I saw a possible OS mark on an old milepost. See attached photo.
Wondering if this is a "cut". Seem similar ones before, for example a Church in Shedfield Hampshire.
Anyone help to idenfiy this?
Thanks, Nik
Help with a potential trig point
Help with a potential trig point
- Attachments
-
- Possible cut mark on a mile post
- Winchester_Milepost.png (158.08 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Help with a potential trig point
This is a (cancelled) OS benchmark, rather than a triangulation station. If you can supply a GR I'll try to track it down.
Re: Help with a potential trig point
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have posted the Grid reference in the attached file along with a screen shot from the OS map.
- Attachments
-
- Winchester_Milestone_Mark.png (60.29 KiB) Viewed 3803 times
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Help with a potential trig point
Here it is: BM Database