Trig point miniature anyone ??

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
trigridley62
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by trigridley62 »

Hello,
I do hope i'm not flouting any forum rules by asking....... but one of my "lockdown projects" has been to create some 12cm scale models of Trig points - white painted solid jobs and also with a stone-built effect. my plan is to get them to a good level of detail and colour and make them available via Etsy.com or Amazon Handmade. Hopefully an early pic is attached.

I'm open to suggestion and comment ( hopefully constructive!!) on whether such a miniature would be well received.

I had though of adding personalised name / date / message etc along with a summit name and height or whatever, but colours and graphics are still in the development stage.

any thoughts or comments welcome.
Thanks Graham
Steeton, West Yorks
Attachments
image003.jpg
image003.jpg (44.01 KiB) Viewed 7619 times
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Well nobody's responded yet but I'd like to go on record to say they look great, I'd be more than happy to be given one as a gift on whatever occasion (National Trig Day?) or give as a gift to an appropriate person.

Personalisation sounds great but in practice? If my favourite summit pillar was all crumbling and falling apart would you replicate such?
Angela Thomas
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:07 am

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by Angela Thomas »

I like the idea and would be interested in purchasing. An alternative to personalizing could be to mark number of trigpoints bagged, for example reaching 50, 100 etc.
trigridley62
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by trigridley62 »

Many thanks for the replies, guys....and for the positive noises....just what I was hoping for ;)

Both the plain "concrete" and the Stone effect are cast from moulds so all would be of a generic trig appearance rather than based on a specific trig - although Helvellyn trig is a nice one and could be used as the basis for a specific new mould).

They are intended as giftware or as a memento of reaching a summit. Any personalisation could be for an event or an achievement - I have been experimenting with laser printed water-slide transfers, so any bespoke text or graphic is possible....but that would have to be on the plain white trig to be effective.

I've more of a creative head than a business one....so i've not decided on a cost as yet ( is £12 too much ???), but once I have a few on the Etsy store I will let you know and will provide some sort of heavy discount for the first few TP.uk members so I can get some early feedback.

Thanks again,

Graham

Steeton
W Yorks.
g6lkb
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by g6lkb »

I would be interested in buying one.
The pics look great.

Tell me when you have them available.
David
trigridley62
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by trigridley62 »

Hi David,
thanks for the interest.......I am progressing with these, albeit slower than expected (the usual case of Life getting in the way of one's plans). I hope to have something more definite to offer in the next few weeks..... I'll announce here....

BTW are you a radio ham? - noticed the G6.... (I'm M0JTM)

cheers, ( and 73)

Graham
g6lkb
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by g6lkb »

Hi Graham,
yes to G6LKB. qrz me.
The mini trig is just for sitting on my desk in the shack.

I have just seen your reply to me as I was entering 2 trigs visited this morning after leaving Liverpool airport.
Burtonwood and Rainhill tp1809
73
David
Itchy-trigger-finder
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by Itchy-trigger-finder »

Yes I would definitely buy one.
trigridley62
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by trigridley62 »

well that was a long few weeks........i got "requested" to install a new kitchen at home....but I have finally got myself sorted and now have some model Trig Points for sale...

Have a look at etsy.com and search for trig point model

I have decided to start with a limited model selection - currently i only have available the stone effect, and these sit on a simple concrete-effect square base. I was getting too involved in trying to get a base of grass / mud / rocks to appear in a way i was satisfied with. it may still happen.

Also the option of a white-painted effect trig as previously shown is still on the cards but has a few refinements to be made until i'm happy to make available. I aim to get these available before Christmas.

So, have a look at the Etsy site......currently selling for £18 but this does include UK postage and the option of having some text on the base......

but for you lucky T:UK people...if you enter the coupon code TUKNOV when the item is in your basket you will get a £5 discount (offer closes Dec 10th). This is to entice you to buy the first batch but also because i would dearly love to hear any feedback from forum members - especially anything i could do to improve the models.

Hope this is of interest to members ( Christmas is just around the corner). I have 6 already made and ready to ship and will produce more as and when the demand is there.

weight of trig: 427gms
height: 115mm
top width: 35mm
trig foot width: 50mm
base width: 65mm


Thanks for reading.

Graham
Keighley, W Yorks

M0JTM
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Trig point miniature anyone ??

Post by MAC.HAWK »

The discount code doesn't work.

I have to admit that I liked the prototype base better and yes, I'd really like to see a 'white concrete' pillar too.

Good stuff mind you.
Locked