android app

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
wandering_rjt
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:25 am

Re: android app

Post by wandering_rjt »

Thought I'd also add an update about a newer phone. Samsung Galaxy S20. Holding the back button does not work and neither does the Menu Button. The latter did on my S9. I can view map and nearest. Can no longer sync as had to change password so can't log in without preferences. Can't read any logs, found reading others very useful and one of the best things about the app along with ease logging and finding trigs on map. Gutted to be honest.
Ed
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:32 pm

Re: android app

Post by Ed »

Vexed that my phone died so lots the logs.

Installed the app on tablet, but it's not synced previous finds. And the web site and app haven't synced.

Lots al, my data I guess
Fremington
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:40 am

Re: android app

Post by Fremington »

I do miss the app. It's hard to account for, it just added something to my days, gave me a reason to run new routes, to nip up a hill. Of course I can do it all without an app, but somehow it's just a bit less work it. I can't really be bothers to spend yet more time at the computer, to log trigs.
Surely there's got to be someone in the overlap of the Venn diagram for trig baggers and app developers who could get the app updated??
Fremington
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:40 am

Re: android app

Post by Fremington »

Ok, menu button app has me back in. Whoop!
But do many permissions.. I'd rather manage without it.
postie grum
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: android app

Post by postie grum »

So, I gave a Samsung a51 and holding the back button doesn't work with this phone. Any other suggestions to be able to add my user name please?
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: android app

Post by agentmancuso »

BasilDowl wrote:I've fixed it, sort of. Download from Google Play store "Menu Button" app, set it just to run with the ellipsis icon and it works fine. You can then turn the app off in the background if not using the T:UK app.
This workaround provides you with a floating button, but won't fix the various other problems with functionality on new phones.
kjarvo89
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:39 am

Re: android app

Post by kjarvo89 »

Where can I find the app? I have it on my old S8, but I can't even find it in the android app store now for my current (but older) phone. How can I download it? Thanks
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: android app

Post by peregrinus »

Open TPUK on phone in browser, scroll down to find the QR code, click on it (or just scan it I guess!), you'll likely get a warning that it's not in Playstore. I had to reload it onto my S7 recently, after it refused to sync.

As has been noted, it doesn't work properly on later versions.
Triggythumbs
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 pm

Re: android app

Post by Triggythumbs »

Has anyone tried the Climbed It app? If they joined forces with Trigpointing they could make such a good Trig bagging app!
thecowboycoder
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm

Re: android app

Post by thecowboycoder »

I'm currently working on a simple Trig Pointing app, for both Android and iOS. It's nearly ready for beta testing - if anyone wants to try it out then message me (say which OS).
I'll put up a proper announcement post when it's ready to go live.
Post Reply