New Android & iOS app

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
thecowboycoder
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm

New Android & iOS app

Post by thecowboycoder »

Both of these are now available live at the following links -

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ando.trigs
iOS - https://apps.apple.com/app/trigpointing/id1583768165

Still very much in development, but functional and usable (I've field tested both).
You can record a GPX, take photos with extended GPS data in them, and upload recorded logs & photos to this site.

I've tried to make the UI as intuitive as possible, any problems, comments etc. leave a note in this thread.
Would appreciate any +ve reviews left on the App/Play stores :)

There is still also the simpler 'online' map, available at https://rando.stdc.net/trigs.html (accept security warning to enable location)
Snoot
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 03, 2022 1:17 pm

Re: New Android & iOS app

Post by Snoot »

Hi, have downloaded the iOS app and looks good. Shows up trigs however I don’t seem able to log them or see ones I’ve already logged. Also checkered flag icon doesn’t seem to work. Keen to use so just noting issues to hopefully help.
thecowboycoder
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm

Re: New Android & iOS app

Post by thecowboycoder »

Snoot wrote:Hi, have downloaded the iOS app and looks good. Shows up trigs however I don’t seem able to log them or see ones I’ve already logged. Also checkered flag icon doesn’t seem to work. Keen to use so just noting issues to hopefully help.
Thanks for trying it out.
At the moment you can only log trigs that the app has been to, and there's no way I've spotted to easily 'import' already logged trigs from here into the app.
The checkered flag button is to stop recording a GPX, making the record/stop function more obvious is on the to-do list. :)
Walking with gerald
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:49 pm

Re: New Android & iOS app

Post by Walking with gerald »

Thank you for what you have done so far.

If you do discover a way of "importing" already logged trigs that would be helpful.
thecowboycoder
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm

Re: New Android & iOS app

Post by thecowboycoder »

There's a new release of my Android app that will import your logged trigs from this site into the app. A similar update for iOS users will be out in the next few days.

Check for updates in the Play app, or load https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ando.trigs on your phone.
Post Reply