Photos rotated
-
Holmes Chapel u3a walkers
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:25 pm
Photos rotated
Why have the photos I recently uploaded been rotated onto their side? What have I done wrong?
-
andyrandom
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:32 pm
Re: Photos rotated
I don't know why TP:UK does this, but I do know the workaround is simply to open them and save them straight before uploading them.
Re: Photos rotated
Where your photos taken on/and uploaded via a mobile phone?
-
thecowboycoder
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm
Re: Photos rotated
The short answer is that this website doesn't process the meta-data for rotation that can be embedded in photos, the usage of which has become more prevalent in the last few years.
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Photos rotated
Makes sense, thanks.thecowboycoder wrote:The short answer is that this website doesn't process the meta-data for rotation that can be embedded in photos, the usage of which has become more prevalent in the last few years.
-
thecowboycoder
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm
Re: Photos rotated
It shouldn't be to hard to add it to the code that scales the images for use, but it's probably better to scale/rotate before uploading them in any case (like my Trig app doesagentmancuso wrote:Makes sense, thanks.thecowboycoder wrote:The short answer is that this website doesn't process the meta-data for rotation that can be embedded in photos, the usage of which has become more prevalent in the last few years.
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Photos rotated
Problem is that the owner/ designer has basically grandfathered the app, so even where solutions are technically fairly simple there's no way currently to implement them!
Re: Photos rotated
The majority of my images uploaded now seem to be upside down - very tiresome and annoying.
I never upload from my phone, and will always save to hard drive or cloud using my laptop, edit and then upload.
I've read the responses on the forum, and am none the wiser as to how to amend this or if there is a perfect solution, as I seem to be doing what is being suggested.
Any other ideas are very welcome - happy to try anything!
Cheers Tonka
I never upload from my phone, and will always save to hard drive or cloud using my laptop, edit and then upload.
I've read the responses on the forum, and am none the wiser as to how to amend this or if there is a perfect solution, as I seem to be doing what is being suggested.
Any other ideas are very welcome - happy to try anything!
Cheers Tonka