Topographs

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
User avatar
Samtrig13
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Location: South East England
Contact:

Topographs

Post by Samtrig13 »

Hey does anyone know why Topographs were built? Can’t see anything on the wiki.
Samtrig13
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Topographs

Post by ted »

In my experience, the main purpose of a topograph is to tell you
what you might have seen from a hill top had it not been raining :)

Topographs are rarely used as trigpoints, but a few examples are described at:
https://trigpointing.uk/w/index.php?title=Topograph
User avatar
Samtrig13
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:56 pm
Location: South East England
Contact:

Re: Topographs

Post by Samtrig13 »

Thanks again Ted for another reply :D
In my short experience, I have visited one (Hindhead) but I thought it was just a little extra. Now I know!
Samtrig13
Post Reply