I've made some improvements to the log creation / editing / deleting process. Still a bit glitchy when using the phone's GPS to log trigpoints which have been moved, but hopefully it should allow you to log trigpoints from home more easily. Please let me know if you still run into issues.Foxy wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2025 2:33 pm Loving the new site albeit I've only just realised it had been updated. I am having problems logging trigs though. I'm at home an Im trying to the trigs that I've visited recently but with no luck. The form states the location is optional but it defaults to my home location and I can't see a way to remove the location. Is it no longer possible to log trigs from home? Any idea what the issue might be?
Server migration / website re-write
Re: Server migration / website re-write
-
Katrinaandrea89
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:16 pm
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Thanks for your hard work. Sadly I can't see the log trigpoint button at all, and I've been everywhere on the site now. I prefer to use a laptop when logging. I've tried searching using the grid reference for the trigpoint I want to log, but it won't come up at all
Re: Server migration / website re-write
There's a "view all my logs" page, which can be reached by clicking the log count at the top of your user profile page (under the user menu in the top right corner). Similarly, clicking on the photo count takes you to your photo album. For editing logs you will need to click on the log card in order to see the edit / delete buttons. (You can click anywhere on the log card except on the trigpoint name or the user name, as those will take you to the trigpoint or profile pages)BasilDowl wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2025 3:24 pm Hi Ian
Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on this - and all for the love of the game!!
Cheers. One tiny, teeny request, if it even possible? Will there be a page to view and edit all your logs? I started a numbering system around about #330, and I'd like to go back and add this to the previous ones, but it is such a laborious task... if the "view all logs" page had the edit facility added, that would be an utter godsend...! But no drama if not.
Thanks again - Dave
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Everything should have been migrated across, other than passwords (which are encrypted). The main issues are when email addresses are either unknown, or have been used for multiple accounts (the new login system requires unique email addresses for each user).Gregory Mann wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2025 6:58 pm Love the new website design, although somewhat miss the retro feel of the old site ahah
However, one small problem for me - I've lost all of my logs. Is this a time transfer kind of thing or should it all have been migrated already? Thanks
In your case, the Gregory Mann account that you're using in the forum has never logged any trigpoints. There is another account, GMann73 which has 52 logs and a different email address. Please drop me a message to let me know what you'd like done with each account.
Re: Server migration / website re-write
You should be able to type a grid reference (or postcode, flush bracket number, town etc) into the search box, then click on the entry in the dropdown from the search bar (or click the magnifying glass icon to go to a separate search screen and click on something you find there). Either of these routes should take you to a list of trigpoints near to that place. When you visit the trigpoint details page, there should be a green "Log this trig" button between the "Statistics" and the "Logged visits" sections.Katrinaandrea89 wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2025 10:27 pm Thanks for your hard work. Sadly I can't see the log trigpoint button at all, and I've been everywhere on the site now. I prefer to use a laptop when logging. I've tried searching using the grid reference for the trigpoint I want to log, but it won't come up at all
You will need to be logged in, or else you will not see this button.
Re: Server migration / website re-write
As before, you will first need to create a log, and then go back and edit it in order to add photos. But you should be able to upload reasonably large photos. A thumbnail will display in the log card, and you can click on these to see the original photos. I've just tested with a couple of averagely large photos (5MB and 11MB) and it "WorksOnMyMachine"... https://trigpointing.uk/logs/496047S1534&Beyond wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2025 4:54 pm Much obliged for all your hard work. Navigating the new site and really like the search feature with the icons. Re a previous comment re editing if you click on the text below (or the date if no text entered previously) the TP and User it lets you edit historical ones although I get a photo upload fail error even at low resolution. Tried on both mobile and laptop. Appreciate it is still in the test stages.
I have successfully uploaded an image but at very low resolution- 69kb. Did the old site have an auto adjust for uploading file sizes? If so that would be helpful please.
Can you let me know how large your file is, and what error you are seeing.
The new website is actually much less aggressive when chopping down the resolution of super-large photo files. So much so, that I may need to generate intermediate-quality images for keeping users' photo albums responsive https://trigpointing.uk/profile/1/photos and only download the full-size originals when explicitly clicked on.
-
S1534&Beyond
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2025 4:21 pm
Re: Server migration / website re-write
Good morning this was the error message for the image size.
Photo
File: IMG_1913.jpeg (3059.7 KB)
I print screened the image and it successfully uploaded. This lowers the image quality.
TP7577.
Again, a massive thank you for all your hard work. I hope
to get out later today and log them ‘live’ in the field as I would normally log on my return.
Photo
File: IMG_1913.jpeg (3059.7 KB)
I print screened the image and it successfully uploaded. This lowers the image quality.
TP7577.
Again, a massive thank you for all your hard work. I hope
Re: Server migration / website re-write
The new website is looking fab!
Quick question, on the old website when you clicked on a trigpoint page it used to say if you'd already logged the trig or not, is this on the new website as I can't seem to see it? Or is it something that may be done in the future?
And on the map is there a way of filtering the points to just ones you have not logged at all?
Thank you for all your hard work!
Quick question, on the old website when you clicked on a trigpoint page it used to say if you'd already logged the trig or not, is this on the new website as I can't seem to see it? Or is it something that may be done in the future?
And on the map is there a way of filtering the points to just ones you have not logged at all?
Thank you for all your hard work!
Re: Server migration / website re-write
On the map page, if you select "My Logs" for the icon colours, then you can toggle the display of marker colours that you have / have not found. (I'll sort out consistent naming later!) There's a bit of a glitch differentiating those you've not logged, vs those you've logged as not found, which I will see if I can fix, but for basic finds it should be working OK. Pls let me know otherwise!AmyYdwI92 wrote: Sun Nov 30, 2025 8:28 am The new website is looking fab!
Quick question, on the old website when you clicked on a trigpoint page it used to say if you'd already logged the trig or not, is this on the new website as I can't seem to see it? Or is it something that may be done in the future?
And on the map is there a way of filtering the points to just ones you have not logged at all?
Thank you for all your hard work!![]()
Regarding the trigpoint details page, I intend to bubble your logs to the top of the list, and perhaps change the "Log this trig" button to eg "Log this trig again". But that has the potential for performance issues, so I want to tidy up the database a bit first.
Re: Server migration / website re-write
That's really weird! Please can you email me the original file that won't upload to [email protected] and I'll try to narrow down the problem.S1534&Beyond wrote: Sun Nov 30, 2025 7:37 am Good morning this was the error message for the image size.
Photo
File: IMG_1913.jpeg (3059.7 KB)
I print screened the image and it successfully uploaded. This lowers the image quality.
TP7577.
Again, a massive thank you for all your hard work. I hopeto get out later today and log them ‘live’ in the field as I would normally log on my return.