Do you have one? Why?
Brimmond Hill is mine, kinda on the doorstep but still a couple of 'steep' kM's. Popular trigpoint, so I painted it. I remember the wonder of a bright white trigpoint as a kid in the 70's, kinda special IMHO. Now managed to sight it from 2 other TP (that's the point)
So working my way round a few, digging them out, cleaning them and painting them and since a few in my area are difficult to be found, GORSE! I am trying to clear them, just to find them. Then trying to see them from the next one. Just my thang.
SO, informally adopt one and paint it, OS tried, but a bit of guerrilla painting, rather than whingeing about the graffiti.
Sorry, just trying to wake up the forum.
Local, Fave Trig Point?
Re: Local, Fave Trig Point?
Mine is a surface block in the woods, just up the road from me (TP17905 - Muxtonbridge Colliery). With TP7389 - Lilleshall Monument in second place as I can see it from the kitchen window. It was the first surface block I located, and I thought I'd stumbled into a cult of hidden trig baggers. Now very much hooked.... I use trig points to plan out walks, and piss everyone else off who just roll their eyes at me for being sad.... I just invested in a GPS to help me possibly dig up a buried block one day... Fingers crossed...
Re: Local, Fave Trig Point?
oh, that's a cool little one. adopt and keep clear for others.
There is a definite thrill of finding one that others have given up on.( TP4160 - Kempstone Hill) gave me a rush after seeing others had given up.
Painted it, gave directions and somebody found it a week later!
There is a definite thrill of finding one that others have given up on.( TP4160 - Kempstone Hill) gave me a rush after seeing others had given up.
Painted it, gave directions and somebody found it a week later!