Suggestion: Include County/Nearest Town on search summary

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Mossy Walks
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2026 7:04 pm

Suggestion: Include County/Nearest Town on search summary

Post by Mossy Walks »

I'm really enjoying the new website, especially the updated search functionality. However, I do have a minor suggestion. Would it be possible to either list of the county or nearest town next to either the TP number or the coordinates? There are a few trig points which have duplicate names and it can be sometime tricky to determine which is the correct listing. It does show the WGS coordinates are listed, but those aren't the most human readable.

This applies both for the list that populates under the search bar, and the one that is displayed when you press enter. I can appreciate on the former there might not be space, but even if it's only when you press the search icon that would be useful.
1.png
1.png (56.07 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Screenshot 2026-04-08 190333.png
Screenshot 2026-04-08 190333.png (46.15 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Example mockup:
Screenshot 2026-04-08 191813.png
Screenshot 2026-04-08 191813.png (18.58 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
User avatar
Teasel
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 10:11 am
Location: Needingworth
Contact:

Re: Suggestion: Include County/Nearest Town on search summary

Post by Teasel »

Hi Mossy Walks! Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, you're right, town and county will mean a lot more to most people than a lat/long pair.
I've updated the search popup as follows (and similarly for the search screen)
Screenshot_20260408_224741.png
Screenshot_20260408_224741.png (86.63 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Cheers,
Ian
Mossy Walks
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2026 7:04 pm

Re: Suggestion: Include County/Nearest Town on search summary

Post by Mossy Walks »

Thanks Ian. I think that will be a lot more useful for users. Much appreciated!
Post Reply