Search conditions.

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Whats the Point
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 am

Search conditions.

Post by Whats the Point »

I would like to ask for an addition to the trigpointing website search conditions. I’m mainly interested in logging pillars and download files for use on my Satmap gps device. However my enthusiasm doesn't extend to pillars that have been destroyed, where there’s nothing left to see or find. So it would be better for me if the search criteria included a category with condition ‘Not destroyed’. This would then also apply to surface blocks, FBM’s etc. There may be other ‘Not’ conditions that would be desirable – like ‘Not intersection stations’ Please don’t see this as a criticism of the excellent web site and android app.
THE CYCLIST
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Search conditions.

Post by THE CYCLIST »

I agree with "What's the Point".
I usually use OS 1:50,000 maps, but I do find the website useful for learning of and finding those not shown, eg "toppled" or "moved".
The hobby of visiting trigpoints seems in the best traditions of British eccentricity, but going to see something that's no longer there???!!!!
Aqueously90
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Black Isle / Glasgow

Re: Search conditions.

Post by Aqueously90 »

THE CYCLIST wrote:The hobby of visiting trigpoints seems in the best traditions of British eccentricity, but going to see something that's no longer there???!!!!
Going to see something that isn't there any more plays to another one our quirks: we love to be disappointed. Even if we know it's not there, it's still a little disappointing that it hasn't magically reappeared in the intervening years :D
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Search conditions.

Post by MAC.HAWK »

I used to be of a similar opinion that visiting something you know is no longer there seems a little futile but over the years I've changed that as there have been some sites I've visited where the views have been lovely and making the effort has been very much worthwhile.
Post Reply