Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
the kosciows
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

Post by the kosciows »

Travelling to NI end of April next year and wanted to visit Carnanmore TP. I notice other other NI trigs are on database but not this one. Please can it be added. Thanks and I awaited reply. Regards Simon.
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

Post by peregrinus »

It has indeed been done in the past but I don't know how. TPUK uses British national grid which of course doesn't cover Ireland, hence need a proxy grid ref. I've asked a couple of people who might know.
Rob
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

Post by peregrinus »

Simon what is the Irish grid ref for this one?
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

Post by peregrinus »

Here's a nice tool dealing with this issue http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/php/gridref.php
orlando Rat
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:22 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

Post by orlando Rat »

The Irish grid coordinates are for Carnanmore is D 2178 3877. I think Simon's interest was because Carnanmore is also a YOSM. The link provided makes the UK Grid NW 39773 95050.
the kosciows
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

Post by the kosciows »

Thank you Orlando Rat for posting required info to forum.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Can this Northern Ireland trig be added to database

Post by agentmancuso »

I've added Carnanmore now.
Post Reply