10000

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

10000

Post by ted »

Congratulations to Rob on his 10,000th log on Trigpointing UK !

http://trigpointing.uk/info/view-profile.php?u=411
Aqueously90
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Black Isle / Glasgow

Re: 10000

Post by Aqueously90 »

Wow, that's an incredible milestone. That means that Rob accounts for almost 5% of all logs on the site! :D
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: 10000

Post by agentmancuso »

Mind-boggling really. :shock:
griefmiester
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: 10000

Post by griefmiester »

Amazing achievement Rob, congratulations. Duncan
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: 10000

Post by peregrinus »

Aqueously90 wrote:Wow, that's an incredible milestone. That means that Rob accounts for almost 5% of all logs on the site! :D
Yeah sorry about that ;)

Only just spotted this thread - thanks folks !

I expect CJO will come trundling past me at some point...
stignest
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Re: 10000

Post by stignest »

A quick, rough calculation tells me that if I carry on at the rate I've been going over the past 8 years I should catch up with your current mark in the year 2208!!!.
Fantastic effort Sir.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: 10000

Post by MAC.HAWK »

I'm seriously impressed by the number of pillars but I'm afraid most of the intersected rubbish like church towers, spires, flagpoles, vanes etc leaves me cold.
fasgadh
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: 10000

Post by fasgadh »

They can be quite good fun - especially those on old industrial sites like collieries. Finding out what is there now and tracking down the pitheads etc can be quite enjoyable.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: 10000

Post by MAC.HAWK »

I've yet to be convinced fasgadh!
dot924
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 am

Re: 10000

Post by dot924 »

.....And I haven't even made 50 logs yet! :| Still now that I know its OK and not cheating to log the ones I passed years ago I may make 50 logs soon (once I have checked my old photos; see the "It is cheating post....) Also I have a number of 'proper logs' planned'

I will say that I see the points of view of both fasgadh and MAC.HAWK in relation to both pillars and intersected stations. I agree that Pillars are King and the reason I found / joined this site in the first place but some intersected stations are interesting from an historical point of view and I would use TP8993 - Chattri Monument as an example. I had been there a number of time supervising DofE expeditions but it was only when I joined this site that I then logged a visit. Other places may be interesting if you have other interests and I would use TP12213 - Saint Ninians Church Tower Flagstaff as an example as it is down the road from the start of the IOM TT races.

Doreen. AKA dot924
Post Reply