Buried blocks

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
stignest
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Re: Buried blocks

Post by stignest »

I have my work cut out. Within a 25 km radius around my hometown I have well over a dozen surface/buried blocks. If I can find half of them then I will be pleased. The buried blocks are going to be very tricky but I'd suprised if they're not still there. It's just a matter of being precise.
Are the OS coordinates as bang on as you would expect them to be?
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Buried blocks

Post by peregrinus »

The OS co-ordinates will be accurate (within a few cm anyway). Your GPS will only be good to 3m or so, at least in theory. In practice can be pretty accurate but no way of knowing, and affected by tree river, nearby buildings etc.

Unless you've spend £10k on a survey grade device of course.

The Berries have a survey grade device it seems - there's a thread on here relating to some recent finds of theirs.

Anyway keep up the good work.
Post Reply