Least visited trigs.
Least visited trigs.
Having just visited Little Hen Hill (7th recorded visit) and Collering Hilll (13th) I was wondering if there is some sort of 'league table' of trig visits, especially at the infrequent visits end?
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Least visited trigs.
Not sure. There's a million different sets of stats available from Trig Tools, but I can't remember if that particular question can be answered.
Re: Least visited trigs.
You can view a list of the X most frequently logged and X least frequently logged: http://trigpointing.uk/trigtools/highsc ... its&s=1000
There are 25597 trigs logged 233152 times, which gives a mean of 9.1 logs per trig - the trigs you've visited are close to average in terms of popularity.
Looking at it from a different perspective you'll find the "average visit" (or average log) is to a trig which is much more popular than average... Fascinating!
edit: just looking at the page I linked to. Can anyone see why not all unvisited trigs have the same "rank"?
There are 25597 trigs logged 233152 times, which gives a mean of 9.1 logs per trig - the trigs you've visited are close to average in terms of popularity.
Looking at it from a different perspective you'll find the "average visit" (or average log) is to a trig which is much more popular than average... Fascinating!
edit: just looking at the page I linked to. Can anyone see why not all unvisited trigs have the same "rank"?
Re: Least visited trigs.
I'd be more interested to see a list the of pillars.
Re: Least visited trigs.
Thanks! No real surprises amongst the most visited trigs, corresponding closely to popular hilltops.You can view a list of the X most frequently logged and X least frequently logged: http://trigpointing.uk/trigtools/highsc ... its&s=1000
I like the idea of visiting the list of unvisited trigs - as soon as one is logged, it no longer has the
significance which was the reason for going there
Ted
Re: Least visited trigs.
You can search with Trig Tools for a list of "pillars" which are "not logged by" "anybody": http://trigpointing.uk/trigs/view-trigs.php?q=1974055
There are only 2 left, but they're both in Northern Ireland.
There are only 2 left, but they're both in Northern Ireland.