Can anyone confirm if these two pillars are o/s or not ?
I am hoping soon to complete all extant pillars in Warwickshire and the west midlands, do I need to visit or not ?
Coventry airport trig pillars.
Re: Coventry airport trig pillars.
Hi Andy,
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7814
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/8133
In his visit log, Rob quotes a detailed reply from the OS in which they appear to disclaim
the pillars as being theirs. And looking at the photos, the lack of a centre plug and spider,
and the slightly thinner pillar shape all support this. So the balance of evidence suggests
these are not OS. But no harm in visiting anyway!

Regards
Ted
These two?Can anyone confirm if these two pillars are o/s or not ?
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7814
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/8133
In his visit log, Rob quotes a detailed reply from the OS in which they appear to disclaim
the pillars as being theirs. And looking at the photos, the lack of a centre plug and spider,
and the slightly thinner pillar shape all support this. So the balance of evidence suggests
these are not OS. But no harm in visiting anyway!
Good luck with that plan; hopefully no reservoir trigs lurkingI am hoping soon to complete all extant pillars in Warwickshire and the west midlands
Regards
Ted
Re: Coventry airport trig pillars.
Hi Ted.
Hope you are keeping well, thanks for the information, I might still go and have a look when I am in the area, as for any tricky Reservoir pillars I know I can count on you
to get me in, I was rather proud of myself last month when I managed to get in to Buckly Resr, I am still working on Scarborough road resr, almost 10 years since by first
attempt and been back twice since, it will happen one day.
Hope you are keeping well, thanks for the information, I might still go and have a look when I am in the area, as for any tricky Reservoir pillars I know I can count on you
to get me in, I was rather proud of myself last month when I managed to get in to Buckly Resr, I am still working on Scarborough road resr, almost 10 years since by first
attempt and been back twice since, it will happen one day.