Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
stripybadger
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:45 pm

Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)?

Post by stripybadger »

Visited http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7586 today, but no flush bracket and couldn't see any evidence of a bolt, it's literally just the spider. So I'm wondering if anyone knows how this was actually used? Almost looks like it was relocated here? I couldn't find it on the OS passive stations search either.

Thanks.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)

Post by agentmancuso »

I presume the theodolite was mounted on the spider in exactly the same way as on a standard pillar. No sign that it should be in the Passive Stations Database either, unless you have further details?
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)

Post by ted »

Hi Bernie,
I presume the theodolite was mounted on the spider in exactly the same way as on a standard pillar.
I was wondering if the plug was removable to reveal a centre pipe. The apparant lack of sighting holes
in the wall suggests not (and positioning a centre mark without demolishing the wall would have been
tricky :? )


Ted
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Anyone have details on Plymouth Hoe sea wall trig (7586)

Post by agentmancuso »

Hm, hadn't thought of that :shock:

I guess I assumed the process of verifying the levelness of the trig pillar itself was separate from the actual triangulation.
Post Reply