trigaholic

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

trigaholic

Post by ted »

Last Saturday I was walking along a roadside verge looking for a Surface Block.
All quite ordinary except that there was never one placed there; nothing in the
OS records to suggest otherwise. It just seemed like a good idea to check anyway.

Is there no hope? :|


Ted
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: trigaholic

Post by agentmancuso »

I do that with benchmarks all the time; hours of staring vacantly at random bits of wall.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: trigaholic

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Of course there's hope! You can either carry on carrying on or seek counselling and/or remedial therapy.

The former is far more fun and the latter will greatly reduce your time to continue doing the former so you have no choice but to carry on carrying on, simple!

If it makes you feel less isolated you need to know that 'you are not alone', I also cannot pass a bolt, rivet, stud or some sort of mark on a pavement, grassy verge, wall etc without wondering if the OS have left one of their indelible marks.
clochandighter
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Re: trigaholic

Post by clochandighter »

This takes me back to the days before the websites. I had no idea where to expect to find levelling flush brackets (NPFB). I got into the habit of looking at all prominent buildings and bridges for them. My NPFB bags had made it into 3-figures before all the levelling line information became available.

However, at times others in my company had become aware I was seemingly looking at everything, often without knowing what I was actually seeking.

With trig pillars, my addiction to them now goes back over thirth years. It was the flush bracket number groups in my local hills that started me off. When these FB number all went into the public domain, I thought I would no longer need to venture out to the trigs. Wrong, I am still visiting and revisiting our concrete friends when time and weather permit. :-)

GRP.
alansmeaton
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Re: trigaholic

Post by alansmeaton »

If you want to bring a spade you can dig over my back garden looking for buried blocks.
Post Reply