total trigs logged
-
dogwalking
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:44 pm
total trigs logged
why is it that trigs classed as unreachable but visible are not added onto your total trigs logged. You have made the effort to go and find it so I think it should count destroyed ones count and there is nothing to see 
Re: total trigs logged
I've just checked by adding an 'unreachable but visible' log and it's added it to my total perfectly fine.
Whilst we're on the subject of 'unreachable but visible' I have an issue with people logging (in particular) intersected stations like church spires, towers, flagpoles etc as 'good' when, unless they've actually been up the spire/tower, these should be 'unreachable but visible' in my opinion!
Whilst we're on the subject of 'unreachable but visible' I have an issue with people logging (in particular) intersected stations like church spires, towers, flagpoles etc as 'good' when, unless they've actually been up the spire/tower, these should be 'unreachable but visible' in my opinion!
-
alansmeaton
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:05 pm
Re: total trigs logged
Hmm. Think I just used good for intersected stations because the spire or whatever looked in good condition and that's what other people were using. Is it the very end of a spire that should count? Steeplejacks only! Visible but unreachable probably better.
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: total trigs logged
It makes sense that Intersected Stations are logged as 'good' from sight alone as that's how the Ordnance Survey used them; from a distance.
-
clochandighter
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Re: total trigs logged
In my humble opinion: With intersected stations, I would say 'good'.
Even when being properly used these steeples etc were only being sighted TO, not from. In other words the OS surveyors never went up these spires.
I would say that if you have seen a given spire from a reasonably near point on the ground, say across the road, then 'good' should qualify. Mind you, I would also say that folk should not be logging things from a mile away, that hardly constitutes a 'visit'.
Hope this helps,
GRP.
Even when being properly used these steeples etc were only being sighted TO, not from. In other words the OS surveyors never went up these spires.
I would say that if you have seen a given spire from a reasonably near point on the ground, say across the road, then 'good' should qualify. Mind you, I would also say that folk should not be logging things from a mile away, that hardly constitutes a 'visit'.
Hope this helps,
GRP.
Re: total trigs logged
That spoils my vision of an OS surveyor grimly hanging on to the top of a church spire with one handIt makes sense that Intersected Stations are logged as 'good' from sight alone as that's how the Ordnance Survey
whilst clutching a theodolite in the other
Ted