EABM Bench Marks

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
jamesa60
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 pm

EABM Bench Marks

Post by jamesa60 »

Hi!

While out geocaching recently I ended up finding some EABM benchmarks. From what I understand, these are Environment Agency Bench Marks and are left by the Environment Agency to replace destroyed OS trigs and are used to monitor Waste and Refurbishing projects.

I would like to know if anyone knows where I would be able to find a database with these benchmarks so that I can monitor my progress finding them. Also, if Teasel is reading this, It would be great if these were put into your database. :D

Thanks!

James
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: EABM Bench Marks

Post by ted »

Hi James,
While out geocaching recently I ended up finding some EABM benchmarks. From what I understand, these are Environment Agency Bench Marks and are left by the Environment Agency to replace destroyed OS trigs and are used to monitor Waste and Refurbishing projects.
I agree that EABM denotes 'Environment Agency Bech Mark' and have often seen these on features such as drains, sluices and bridges.
However, as far as I know, they aren't generally placed as replacements for OS trig marks.
I would like to know if anyone knows where I would be able to find a database with these benchmarks so that I can monitor my progress finding them. Also, if Teasel is reading this, It would be great if these were put into your database.
There has been an occasional mention of EABM bolts on trigonomy but, from a quick trawl, I can't find anything relevant.
Don't know of a database, sorry. If you decide to compile your own list, I can send you details for a few that
I can recall seeing (mostly in West Yorkshire).

In my view, for what its worth, EABM marks are separate from OS trigs and therefore don't really belong on TrigpointingUK :(


Regards
Ted
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: EABM Bench Marks

Post by peregrinus »

Is there anything on the £Environment Agency website?

Probably not but maybe they could provide a list.
Post Reply