Hello Ted have seen your log fancy both these for the next station to be found.I have done both summits have learned that garden trowels aren't up to the job you need a proper gardening spade as well as a long probe and as a brass ring is located into the concrete ring itself a metal detector could make it easier to locate.Was going to buy one but had to purchase a lightweight tent instead for latest trip away instead.Any way done the millstone rigg station in the meantime its a very boggy route up there great views though.
Kind regards
David Phillips
Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
-
Painterman61
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:12 pm
-
darren-mountains
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:15 pm
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
ted wrote:A list of Concrete Rings known to TrigpointingUK can be found here: http://trigpointing.uk/trigs/view-trigs.php?q=1848817
I suspect that there are more to be found
no blencathra on this list?
no y garn on list ??
just to name a few
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Hi,
Details here http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7306
Thanks
Ted
Blencathra is on the list but the OS chose to name it 'Saddleback'.no blencathra on this list?
Details here http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7306
I don't think this one is known. More details please.no y garn on list ??
just to name a few
Thanks
Ted
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
I'd managed to miss this, well done Jon & Roger.ted wrote:Congrats to Roger Templeman and Jon Glew for establishing that
Millstone Ring http://trigpointing.uk/trig/16545 is
indeed another Concrete Ring
-
darren-mountains
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:15 pm
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
ted wrote:Hi,
Blencathra is on the list but the OS chose to name it 'Saddleback'.no blencathra on this list?
Details here http://trigpointing.uk/trig/7306
I don't think this one is known. More details please.no y garn on list ??
just to name a few
Thanks
Ted
hi ted thanks for the reply
y garn 947 GR SH 63076 59588
now looking at the photo its not this summit i have attached a photo
ill have to start looking though photos
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Congrats to CJO for finding three more concrete rings in the Yorkshire Dales:
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17453 Virgin Moss
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17473 Great Haw
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17476 Harland Hill
According to
http://trigpointing.uk/trigs/view-trigs.php?q=1848817
the total of known rings is now 19 although I make it 20 as
the trig at Virgin Moss is classified as a Buried Block - could a sysadmin amend this, please.
Ted
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17453 Virgin Moss
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17473 Great Haw
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17476 Harland Hill
According to
http://trigpointing.uk/trigs/view-trigs.php?q=1848817
the total of known rings is now 19 although I make it 20 as
the trig at Virgin Moss is classified as a Buried Block - could a sysadmin amend this, please.
Ted
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
Well done, reclassified now.
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
I went to Kew last year. All the station records I accessed (from Surrey, Hampshire and Hertfordshire) were all stored in individual files and in good condition. Overall the whole process from ordering the records online, visiting Kew, getting a readers card (which is free and I think is valid for three years) and then actually getting the access to the station records was easy.I have used Kew in the past on another topic, but I got the impression from my contact at OS that such records about TPs, etc, could be loose papers in boxes, rather than everything in tidy files!
Re: Concrete ring trig points and a Wainwright error?
And another... Stormer Hill near Littleborough http://trigpointing.uk/trig/17343
Could a sysadmin update the station type please.
This seems to be a good year for Concrete Rings
Could a sysadmin update the station type please.
This seems to be a good year for Concrete Rings