How do I log a Trig point

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
emastar7
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:31 am

How do I log a Trig point

Post by emastar7 »

Just joined up & think I'm missing some thing as can't see where I log the trig points that I see. Can some one point me in the right direction please
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: How do I log a Trig point

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Hi, the first thing I note is that you appear to be registered in to the TUK Forum website but not the TUK website itself. You need to register with the trigpointing.uk website to be able to access all the Trigpointing UK stuff, including the ability to log your visits

Visit Trigpointing.uk and once registered/logged in you'll be faced with the home screen that shows a number of options including a list of Trig Points most recently visited and at the top of the screen a number of options including Search.

Click on the (Search) magnifying glass icon and on the ensuing screen you'll see a number of options available.

Now it's a matter of using the various search options to find your trig.

If you know the name of (or have a good idea of) the trig point you visited - for a pillar the hills name is usually a good guide - type it into the 'Name Contains' box e.g. Snowdon, Ben Nevis etc.

If your unsure of the name try the nearest Town option and try and work your way around the ensuing list.

If your 'trig' is on the list select the 'Waypoint' option and that will take you to the 'Trig Points' specific entry page where you will find the 'you may log your visit' option to the left of the local grid.

To check you've really got the correct trigpoint you might want to have a look at the 'Grid Reference' option (top screen left underneath the Trigs name) before formally logging your visit, this will give you a relatively accurate indication of where the Trig point is/was on the Ordnance Survey map

Once you get the hang of it it's a doddle!
Post Reply