Please help identify a trig point

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Bradders278
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Please help identify a trig point

Post by Bradders278 »

................................
Last edited by Bradders278 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Post by ted »

Interesting... but I don't think the scene is in Derbyshire. Offhand the largest expanse of water that I can think
of in that county is Carsington reservoir but it doesn't seem to match. Would guess the photo is of an estuary.

For a moment I thought it might be Arnside Knott http://trigpointing.uk/trig/889 looking N over the
Kent estuary before the trees grew up. But unlikely.

Good luck in finding it.
Bradders278
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Post by Bradders278 »

Thanks for the reply!

I agree that doesn’t look like the one but the hunt continues!

Thanks again.

Scott.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Well it's certainly not Arnside Knott but do we have any idea of when the photo was taken? Erosion at the base was obviously an issue at the time of the photo or maybe the the clothing of the 'mystery guest' might give us a clue.

Look's estuary/Loch to me.

Sadly magnification of the Flush Bracket doesn't reach TV standards - which can seemingly read 'everything' no matter how indistinct or improbable!!
Cootking
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Re: Please help identify a trig point

Post by Cootking »

I'd contact CSI as they seem to have software which allows seemingly infinite magnification and sharpening.
Post Reply