Hi Rob,
I'm not sure that the condition of
Converted is appropriate here. I think it would be better
for the Pillar to be logged as
Destoyed. Then the Block is recorded separately with a condition of
Good. In the OS records, they are separate marks within a single OSGB36 statiion (SK 56/16). I don't
think its critical that one happens to have been adapted from the remains of another, such that they never existed
at the same time.
<
pendant>OSGB36 never used Surface Block as a mark type; that name doesn't appear to have been
introduced until Passive Stations came along a while later. OSGB blocks are either 'Blocks' or
'Buried Blocks'</
pedant>
Perhaps there should be just the one trig here; meanwhile a few folk may be wickedly counting this one twice
One trig station but two trig marks. Which takes us back to the thorny issue of which we should be counting.
I suspect there are other instances.
Offhand, I can think of the same situation with Parson's Pulpit where
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/5320 is (I reckon) a destroyed pillar and
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/8431 is an OSGB36 block. Both are marks
within a single trig station SD 96/13
Regards
Ted