Nearest to coast
Nearest to coast
Does anyone know which trigpoint is nearest the coast? (New member joined to find out)
Re: Nearest to coast
Thanks. I am not sure how I go about comparing it with the one on Biod An Athair on Skye which is about a metre from the cliff. Would this be nearer? I speculated that to be nearer the coast it must be more or less tumbling over it or absolutely adjacent
Re: Nearest to coast
Hi,
> the one on Biod An Athair on Skye which is about a metre from the cliff.
The Ordnance Survey call it Dunvegan Head for some reason. Logs at
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/2934 - spectacular views! I've no knowledge of how
stable the ground is.
As to which will go next, its anyone guess. Parts of the East Yorkshire Coast
are eroding steadily. The trig pillar at Tunstall http://trigpointing.uk/trig/6612
was around 1 metre from the edge of the cliff when I saw it in the late 1990s; it finally toppled
over the edge around 2003. I would guess Skirlington is 2 or 3 metres away at present but will
erode at a similar rate which gives this endangered species just a few more years, assuming
someone doesn't give it a push before then
Ted
> the one on Biod An Athair on Skye which is about a metre from the cliff.
The Ordnance Survey call it Dunvegan Head for some reason. Logs at
http://trigpointing.uk/trig/2934 - spectacular views! I've no knowledge of how
stable the ground is.
As to which will go next, its anyone guess. Parts of the East Yorkshire Coast
are eroding steadily. The trig pillar at Tunstall http://trigpointing.uk/trig/6612
was around 1 metre from the edge of the cliff when I saw it in the late 1990s; it finally toppled
over the edge around 2003. I would guess Skirlington is 2 or 3 metres away at present but will
erode at a similar rate which gives this endangered species just a few more years, assuming
someone doesn't give it a push before then
Ted
-
clochandighter
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Re: Nearest to coast
Here is my panorama from S9357 - Dunvegan Head, taken 5th July 2018.
https://kuula.co/post/7PXY4
It is very near to the coast on in 2D terms but is 1029 feet directly above the sea.
Graeme
https://kuula.co/post/7PXY4
It is very near to the coast on in 2D terms but is 1029 feet directly above the sea.
Graeme