Geocaching/TrigPointing

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
SBs
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 am

Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by SBs »

Dear All,
Is there any trigpoint significance in the following letters:
B C D F H J K M N
They have appeared in a geocaching puzzle concerning (I think!) trigpointing
Kind regards
User avatar
CazM
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by CazM »

Can't help you with that sorry SBs, I'm sure someone will be along who may be able to though.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by agentmancuso »

Can you give me the GC number & I'll have a look?
SBs
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 am

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by SBs »

Thanks for your help. The geocache has been set by a Trigpointer, a member of TrigpointingUK, Dave Johnson. There's a pic of the OS TP symbol, which is why I think it could be a Trigpoint puzzle.

The geocache is https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC7 ... a151f8a61f

SBs
ted
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by ted »

B C D F H J K M N
The lack of vowels in that sequence suggests a word puzzle.
The missing letters are: A E G I L and possibly O

https://www.thewordfinder.com/anagram-solver/
gives 'agile' as the only word using the first 5 letters or
'goalie' using the 6th. I can't think of a trig connection but do these
words have any particular geocaching signficance?


Regards
Ted
(at work but on a tea-break, honest :)
User avatar
CazM
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by CazM »

From some of what I've read here you have to be fairly agile to get to some of the points.

(at work too!)
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by agentmancuso »

I can't make any sense of it I'm afraid. The letters themselves have no obvious significance within an OS context, and the map tells me nothing either. I'll put it on my watch list in case of sudden illumination.
SBs
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 am

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by SBs »

Thanks agentmancuso,
I'm still baffled, but convinced there's a trigpoint connection somewhere.
SBs
Moacky
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by Moacky »

I asked one of our local puzzle cachers and they are baffled as well. They did point me in the direction of this trig related cache though.
https://coord.info/GC5MRJF
it seems I went very close without realising when I visited the nearby pillar.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Post by agentmancuso »

I see you've solved it; well done. Was it anything to do with trigging after all?
Post Reply