Page 1 of 1

Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 am
by SBs
Dear All,
Is there any trigpoint significance in the following letters:
B C D F H J K M N
They have appeared in a geocaching puzzle concerning (I think!) trigpointing
Kind regards

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:48 am
by CazM
Can't help you with that sorry SBs, I'm sure someone will be along who may be able to though.

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 pm
by agentmancuso
Can you give me the GC number & I'll have a look?

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:55 pm
by SBs
Thanks for your help. The geocache has been set by a Trigpointer, a member of TrigpointingUK, Dave Johnson. There's a pic of the OS TP symbol, which is why I think it could be a Trigpoint puzzle.

The geocache is https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC7 ... a151f8a61f

SBs

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 pm
by ted
B C D F H J K M N
The lack of vowels in that sequence suggests a word puzzle.
The missing letters are: A E G I L and possibly O

https://www.thewordfinder.com/anagram-solver/
gives 'agile' as the only word using the first 5 letters or
'goalie' using the 6th. I can't think of a trig connection but do these
words have any particular geocaching signficance?


Regards
Ted
(at work but on a tea-break, honest :)

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:52 pm
by CazM
From some of what I've read here you have to be fairly agile to get to some of the points.

(at work too!)

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:40 pm
by agentmancuso
I can't make any sense of it I'm afraid. The letters themselves have no obvious significance within an OS context, and the map tells me nothing either. I'll put it on my watch list in case of sudden illumination.

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm
by SBs
Thanks agentmancuso,
I'm still baffled, but convinced there's a trigpoint connection somewhere.
SBs

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm
by Moacky
I asked one of our local puzzle cachers and they are baffled as well. They did point me in the direction of this trig related cache though.
https://coord.info/GC5MRJF
it seems I went very close without realising when I visited the nearby pillar.

Re: Geocaching/TrigPointing

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 pm
by agentmancuso
I see you've solved it; well done. Was it anything to do with trigging after all?