Ringshill place trig point discovery
Ringshill place trig point discovery
Hi, today I come across the trig point at this location whilst metal detecting. It appears it’s a buried block type that’s concrete circular construction. I joined this site I hope that someone may be interested in being shown it’s exact time location as it seems it has not been found since last used years ago. If anyone is keen to visit it then reply to my post and we can arrange a time to go. Thanks
Re: Ringshill place trig point discovery
Give us a clue as to what part of the country it's in?
Re: Ringshill place trig point discovery
Rochester, kent
Re: Ringshill place trig point discovery
Hi Rowedog84,
Welcome to trigpointinguk
Was it the use of your metal detector that enabled this to be found? Some more details would be
of interest; if you could add a log on this site that would be great. For example, the depth at
which the block was found, any covering (the Ordnance Survey would sometimes put some scrap metal
on top of a buried trig to aid detection although Concrete Rings supposedly have an embedded metal ring).
A photo of the trig would also be of interest.
As an inveterate trig bagger, I've sometimes wondered about using a metal detector but am unclear
how effective a reasonably cheap and portable model would be .
Regards
Ted
Welcome to trigpointinguk
This one, I presume: http://trigpointing.uk/trig/25218today I come across the trig point at this location whilst metal detecting. It appears it’s a
buried block type that’s concrete circular construction
Was it the use of your metal detector that enabled this to be found? Some more details would be
of interest; if you could add a log on this site that would be great. For example, the depth at
which the block was found, any covering (the Ordnance Survey would sometimes put some scrap metal
on top of a buried trig to aid detection although Concrete Rings supposedly have an embedded metal ring).
A photo of the trig would also be of interest.
As an inveterate trig bagger, I've sometimes wondered about using a metal detector but am unclear
how effective a reasonably cheap and portable model would be .
Regards
Ted