Plug centre cap dimensions

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
Scouser
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Plug centre cap dimensions

Post by Scouser »

I would like to have a go at making the spider and centre plug from a standard pillar on my 3D printer.
Does anyone have the exact dimensions of these or can point me to them.
Thanks
wheresthatpenguin
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: Plug centre cap dimensions

Post by wheresthatpenguin »

Caps are straightforward to 3D print. However, it is a very slow process. Hence, as there are already people out there who can produce them in bulk commercially at a reasonable price, I just think its easier, quicker and cheaper just to buy them. I get mine off an online trader, who also produces replica flush brackets

I don't know of anybody who commercially produces 3D printed spiders, but they can be 3D printed. Fitting them would be a bigger problem than printing them, however, because usually when a spider has been ripped out, the top of the pillar has been pretty much mutilated. Hence, the replacing of a spider would normally require a full repair to the top.

I only really use my 3D printer when I literally cannot get a spare part from anywhere else. I last used it a few months ago to replace a back panel on an old Roberts shortwave radio.
Post Reply