Hi all, HAPPY NEW YEAR. I was hoping that when I retired two years ago in my early 50s that as well as traveling the world, I could do more walking. As COVID as put a bit of a pause on all our ventures I have decided that I am going to concentrate on Intersection Stations near to me as there are a lot that I can walk to from home. My husband (not a trigger but is a walker) subscribes to the OS mapping system and I see that you can search for Benchmarks on it.
As such I thought that it would be a good way to have a local non-muddy walk with a purpose. I could just record them on a spread sheet but is there website that anyone can recommend such as this one to record them on. I did see that there is an OS Bench Marks FB page but they charge £3.00 to join which I find a bit annoying. I have asked why they charge £3.00 as I want to know where that money goes.
I have requested to join the OS Trigpoints FB page and may therefore see some of you on it but while that going through does anyone have any suggestions regarding a non-charging site that I can record my benchmark ventures on.
Cheers
Doreen AKA Dot924
Bench Mark Walks
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Bench Mark Walks
Doreen,
This is the place to record benchmarks:www.bench-marks.org.uk
I'm not sure which OS page you were looking at; I'm not aware of any facility to record visits on any OS site, nor of any charge for such, but you can access the OS benchmarks database here.
There's an informal FB benchmarks page here.
Regards,
This is the place to record benchmarks:www.bench-marks.org.uk
I'm not sure which OS page you were looking at; I'm not aware of any facility to record visits on any OS site, nor of any charge for such, but you can access the OS benchmarks database here.
There's an informal FB benchmarks page here.
Regards,
Re: Bench Mark Walks
Hi Bernie,
Thanks for this. I have now joined the Benchmark FB page and am sure annoying everyone with my posts but it is getting me out and about so cheers.
Doreen
Thanks for this. I have now joined the Benchmark FB page and am sure annoying everyone with my posts but it is getting me out and about so cheers.
Doreen
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Bench Mark Walks
Glad to hear it. I wouldn't worry about that. I have annoyed people on social media myself, very occasionally 