Is this NS77T313?
Is this NS77T313?
Hi. Not a regular trigpointer, but I was trying to find NS77T313 (Harthill Telephone Exchange) to use as calibration for OpenStreetMap edits. Just like other people that have tried to find it... no success. However, the attached object is exactly in the spot where I expected to find the trig point. Doesn't look like any trig point images I have seen, but can this be it? Does anyone recognise this? The material seems to be iron and the object is firmly anchored to the ground.
- Attachments
-
- Is this Harthill Telephone Exchange [NS77T313].jpg (67.7 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
- agentmancuso
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: EK
- Contact:
Re: Is this NS77T313?
I'm afraid not. The OSGB36 record specifically states 'height to bolt in block', so this would almost certainly have been a standard surface block. I'd guess the object in the photo is part of the exchange cable infrastructure. (I note with astonishment that 9 years have gone by since I failed to find this one
)
Re: Is this NS77T313?
Thanks, agentmancuso. That is the answer I expected. The object is a bit small for cable access, but going by its looks it may be old enough to have something to do with the former exchange. Found another trig point not too far away for map calibration (NS77T332, Rashierigg Reservoir), so I'll give that one a go next. Seems to be easy to find.