Problem Adding New Trig Points To Database

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
wheresthatpenguin
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Problem Adding New Trig Points To Database

Post by wheresthatpenguin »

I found 5 trig pillars which were built to assist with the construction of the dam wall at the Booth Wood Reservoir. I have managed to load up the first of them as a new entry (TP25852). However, the system is not allowing me to set up the other 4 pillars, as it says they are too close to the grid reference for the first one. Hence, please could admins set them up for me, so that I can then add my logs for each of them. You will note that I called the first one 'Booth Hall Reservoir 1" Hence, for the other 4, I was going to make the title the same, but simply change the number.

Did try to contact the admins directly, but there seem to be some gremlins with the contact form which states that the reCAPTCHA was not filled in correctly. However, there was no reCAPTCHA

Thanks
Last edited by wheresthatpenguin on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Problem Adding New Trig Points To Database

Post by agentmancuso »

Please do not add non-OS stations to the database.

The log for Booth Wood has been merged to the dump entry here. Please delete your log.

The information will I'm sure be welcome on the FB group for non-OS pillars here.
wheresthatpenguin
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: Problem Adding New Trig Points To Database

Post by wheresthatpenguin »

Sorry, but I had seen others on here relating to reservoirs / non OS pillars, such as at Megget Reservoir, which also has multiple pillars. If the Booth Wood ones are not allowed on, then surely the Megget ones and all the other non-OS Pillars should be deleted as well.
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Problem Adding New Trig Points To Database

Post by agentmancuso »

Yes, that's true, and there's a very good argument that these entries ought to be removed too as they don't form part of the OSGB36 Retriangulation network!

Tolerance has been agreed for non-OSGB36 pillars that were either built by the OS (Project Emily, Great Glen, Channel Islands) or were originally mapped as OS stations (Chunnel, Megget), but everything else non-OS was deleted long ago.
wheresthatpenguin
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: Problem Adding New Trig Points To Database

Post by wheresthatpenguin »

Thanks for the information

I placed full details regarding the Booth Wood reservoir pillars on the non-OS pillars facebook group page for anybody who is interested
User avatar
agentmancuso
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: EK
Contact:

Re: Problem Adding New Trig Points To Database

Post by agentmancuso »

Great, thanks. I think Jon Glew keeps a track of new finds there.
Post Reply