Questionable names
Posted: Tue May 19, 2026 10:37 am
I’ve just come across this list (whilst looking for something else!) and feel I have to nominate TP5324 Pasturehouse Farm for inclusion.
https://wiki.trigpointing.uk/Questionable_Names
This is my log from my third visit on 7/3/26
Third visit and I still don’t know why this is called Pasturehouse Farm, which is 1.75 miles away (WNW) and 930ft lower down. I still think of it as Fiends Fell. Up from Hartside to put some time in whilst waiting for my driver to arrive. Cold but glorious.
Others have remarked in their logs as well on the name, especially Walker Dan, who said ‘there’s no pasture, no house and no farm up here.’ Fiends Fell is the more obvious choice, which sits at 2,080ft, (634metres)
I rest my case.
https://wiki.trigpointing.uk/Questionable_Names
This is my log from my third visit on 7/3/26
Third visit and I still don’t know why this is called Pasturehouse Farm, which is 1.75 miles away (WNW) and 930ft lower down. I still think of it as Fiends Fell. Up from Hartside to put some time in whilst waiting for my driver to arrive. Cold but glorious.
Others have remarked in their logs as well on the name, especially Walker Dan, who said ‘there’s no pasture, no house and no farm up here.’ Fiends Fell is the more obvious choice, which sits at 2,080ft, (634metres)
I rest my case.