Alderney Trigpoint

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
orlando Rat
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:22 pm
Location: West Sussex

Alderney Trigpoint

Post by orlando Rat »

Hi

I'm new to trigpointing, which I do as a sideline to geocaching and finding YOSMs.

I will be going to Alderney in the Channel Islands soon and I was searching for trigs there and I found one online (Essex Hill - http://channel-islands.geographs.org/gridref/WA5907) along with a picture. However, I couldn't find any information on Trigpointing UK. Is that because I'm rubbish at searching :o , or that it is not deemed as UK or some other reason?

Mark
peregrinus
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Alderney Trigpoint

Post by peregrinus »

I guess it wouldn't be OSGB (?) so not automatically on TPUK, but I can't see any objection, as there are a few OSI (Eire) pillars on the site as well as lots of OSNI. Need to be able to work out OSGB equivalent grid ref in order to add a trig to the site.

Photo looks like standard hotine! http://channel-islands.geographs.org/photo/965
orlando Rat
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:22 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Alderney Trigpoint

Post by orlando Rat »

I'll get accurate (well, as best as one person can get) grid reference information when I visit in July. What would I do next?
Post Reply