BBC - A Very British Map, the Ordnance Survey Story

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc
Post Reply
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

BBC - A Very British Map, the Ordnance Survey Story

Post by MAC.HAWK »

Last year BBC broadcast an hour long programme (on BBC4 I think!) on the history of the Ordnance Survey mapping in it's Timeshift series titled 'A Very British Map, The Ordnance Survey Story'.

It's no longer available on BBC iPlayer but you can currently view the programme online at https://vimeo.com/139112512 or http://x264.video/bbc-four-timeshift-20 ... 4c03e.html

If this has been reported before I apologise for the duplication but I've had a look on the Forum's history and can't see it anywhere obvious and the programme's pretty much a 'must see' for anyone interested in the Ordnance Survey's mapping of the country.
trigging on an island
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: North Wales coast

Re: BBC - A Very British Map, the Ordnance Survey Story

Post by trigging on an island »

Yes, an excellent programme. Did see it the first time round and enjoyed it thoroughly. Nice to see one of our own, Ed Fielden, showing them around his vast collection of maps. I knew that he'd amassed a good number but didn't realise to quite such an extent. I also enjoyed the bits with Mike Parker. He's a witty guy and his book Map Addict is essential reading in my opinion.

Are you on Facebook Mac? It was through the 'Finding all the UK trig points' group that I believe I found out about this show. A good resource for keeping up to date with what's happening and also interacting with fellow triggers.
MAC.HAWK
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Re: BBC - A Very British Map, the Ordnance Survey Story

Post by MAC.HAWK »

I avoid all 'Social Media' like the plague - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and whatever might be the latest local fad.........
Post Reply