oh, that's a cool little one. adopt and keep clear for others.
There is a definite thrill of finding one that others have given up on.( TP4160 - Kempstone Hill) gave me a rush after seeing others had given up.
Painted it, gave directions and somebody found it a week later!
Search found 10 matches
- Mon Mar 09, 2026 10:36 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Local, Fave Trig Point?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 670
- Mon Mar 09, 2026 10:24 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: TP3843 - Hill, named incorrectly
- Replies: 4
- Views: 998
Re: TP3843 - Hill, named incorrectly
thanks for the link to the wiki, will bear that in mind. I still think 'Hill' is rather cool, and its a day trip!
I have fond memories of Scafell/Sca Fell pike as a tween, late 70's, early 80's. holiday on Wastwater. 2 nuclear families and a black lab going up, didn't see a soul, bit of a scramble ...
I have fond memories of Scafell/Sca Fell pike as a tween, late 70's, early 80's. holiday on Wastwater. 2 nuclear families and a black lab going up, didn't see a soul, bit of a scramble ...
- Tue Mar 03, 2026 7:52 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: TP3843 - Hill, named incorrectly
- Replies: 4
- Views: 998
Re: TP3843 - Hill, named incorrectly
Cool, I prefer 'Hill' it's quirky. Thanks
- Mon Mar 02, 2026 7:34 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: TP3843 - Hill, named incorrectly
- Replies: 4
- Views: 998
TP3843 - Hill, named incorrectly
TP3843 - Hill (cute name) is named incorrectly, it should be Knock Hill.
Only saw this as a recent log, was the first ever log of this trig point! Fabulous!
Only saw this as a recent log, was the first ever log of this trig point! Fabulous!
- Fri Feb 20, 2026 9:01 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: Local, Fave Trig Point?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 670
Local, Fave Trig Point?
Do you have one? Why?
Brimmond Hill is mine, kinda on the doorstep but still a couple of 'steep' kM's. Popular trigpoint, so I painted it. I remember the wonder of a bright white trigpoint as a kid in the 70's, kinda special IMHO. Now managed to sight it from 2 other TP (that's the point)
So ...
Brimmond Hill is mine, kinda on the doorstep but still a couple of 'steep' kM's. Popular trigpoint, so I painted it. I remember the wonder of a bright white trigpoint as a kid in the 70's, kinda special IMHO. Now managed to sight it from 2 other TP (that's the point)
So ...
- Mon Feb 16, 2026 7:14 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: What else do you do at the pillar?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1331
Re: What else do you do at the pillar?
Exactly what I do. Except on the explorer map. I have started painting them, I cant see them to take a bearing if they are brown, so repainting them to the white of my youth. It really makes a difference to visibility. Painted my nearest last week (Brimmond Hill TP 0666)and I can clearly see it from ...
- Sun Feb 15, 2026 3:33 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: How to log a new trig point
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1241
Re: How to log a new trig point
search for and go to the trig point you want to log. Click and open the trig point page, there is a 'log this trig' button halfway down the page.
- Fri Feb 06, 2026 11:12 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: What else do you do at the pillar?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1331
Re: What else do you do at the pillar?
decent thing to do! I would love to do that, I will in summer. Just stuck in NE Scotland and a 'blocked weather system' haven't seen the sun since 21st Jan and rained more than that. So I went up kingshill, necked an energy gel and some lucozade and ran back down for cover!
- Fri Feb 06, 2026 11:01 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: site functionality: comments on logs?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 4467
site functionality: comments on logs?
the forum seems a wee bit dead imho, mostly just software comments and answers, maybe it is just a 'help section'
but I also watch the log activity and I kinda want to comment on peoples logs.
Coventry Airfield, lovely drive to trig point, that is threatened. Comment and raise awareness. Every ...
but I also watch the log activity and I kinda want to comment on peoples logs.
Coventry Airfield, lovely drive to trig point, that is threatened. Comment and raise awareness. Every ...
- Fri Jan 30, 2026 9:09 pm
- Forum: TrigpointingUK Forum
- Topic: What else do you do at the pillar?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1331
What else do you do at the pillar?
So I am new to trig point bagging but I want to do a bit more than just ticking them off. I'm an engineer and an ex scout so I enjoy the whole maths and mechanics of the trig point network. So I get to the top, see if I can spot the other trig points with binoculars (I'm going to have to start ...